Reset Xfinity router: As we know, the router is the main source of delivering internet access to all the devices in your home. Fortunately, sometimes the router is failed to provide a good connection. This situation arises due to a few reasons related to IP address, may be there is no space in the hard drive, etc.
If you are experiencing these issues with your Xfinity router, don’t worry! We are here with the easy and best solution to solve this issue.
Easy steps to Reset Xfinity router
To fasten the Internet connection, you need to reset your Xfinity router. By resetting the router, its short-term memory will flush up. Let’s see the essential steps to reset Xfinity router.
There are two methods for xfinity router reset. First, using the admin interface, and the second is using the reset button.
Using the admin interface
- Open any desired web browser such as Chrome or Internet explorer.
- Go to the http://10.0.0.1 IP address.
- Next, log in to your device using your username and password.
- Now, a reset page will open up.
- Might the Xfinity reset page differs from the other routers.
- Move to the Troubleshooting tab.
- After this, go to reset or Restore Gateway, then Restore factory Settings.
- Tap on the Factory reset or restore.
- Finally, wait here for a while to complete the process.
Using the reset button
In case, you forgot the password of your Xfinity router, or the router won’t work, then go with this process.
- Be sure your device is powered up.
- See the reset button either front or back on the router.
- Next, press and hold the Xfinity router reset button for 10-15 seconds.
- Once the LED lights start blinking, release the Reset button.
- That’s it wait for a minute to start the router.
If your router doesn’t have a reset button go with the following steps:
- Initially, start with turning off the Xfinity router.
- Disconnect the router’s power cable.
- Then, wait for a minute.
- And reconnect the cable, wait until the 40-50 seconds until its power gets back.
- Once the LED light is settled, connect your devices to the internet.
You can also read our other routers-related blogs. How to login orbilogin.