Linksys range extender helps the user to repeat the wireless signals of extender.linksys.com to provide the internet connectivity in dead zone areas by using a wired or wireless connection.
Linksys range extender setup
Thus, to set up your Linksys range extender, follow the below guidelines. Linksys extender setup can only be done by accessing offline page www.extender.linksys.com.
Steps to be followed are:-
- Formerly, plugged in your Linksys extender to power wall socket.
- Secondly, for setup of Linksys extender, enter the extender.linksys.com or extender.linksys.setup in the web address bar of your web browser.
Note:- In case, the Linksys extender setup page does not display, then try to use another browser.
- Now, the dashboard will ask how you would like to configure your Linksys extender. Then, click on the Range extender option either chooses the access point option depends upon your need.
- Moreover, start following the given online instructions to complete the Linksys wireless range extender setup process.
- When the user done with setup process, then the extender.linksys.com setup page will automatically get closed.
How to access the Linksys extender setup page?
To accessing your extender.linksys.com setup page, try to use the following essential steps.
- In the foremost steps, you need to carefully plug in your Linksys extender to the power wall socket. Wait till, the indicator light become stable.
- After that, connect the computer or laptop to the Linksys extender’s Ethernet port with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Now, open an internet browser of your choice and enter the Linksys extender’s web address www.extender.linksys.com or use the internet protocol address.
- Enter the values in the field of username and password. Remember that, you have to leave the field of username as blank and in the password field, use “admin”. Finally, click on the OK or Login button.
However, one can easily be able to configure the Linksys extender.linksys.com within only few above steps.
Note:- Previously, if you have changed the password, then try to use the new password in order to access your Linksys extender setup page instead of default ones.
Change the Linksys extender’s admin password
During accessing the Linksys extender set up page, a login window displays that force the user to enter the password. Generally, most of the people try to use the administrator password as admin. The default password is very much easy to guess by the unauthorized users.
Therefore, to change the extender.linksys.com administrator password, follow the below points.
- Navigate a web browser of your choice to log in to your Linksys extender web interface page.
- Type extender.linksys.com in the web address bar. If the extender’s set up page not configured, then try to use default IP address.
- In the login screen, Type the default Linksys range extender’s password, only if you have not changed.
- Click on to the Login button.
- Move to the administration tab and choose the management option.
- Now set a desired new password for your Linksys wireless range extender in the specific field. To confirm, re-enter the password again.
- Finally, click on the Save option.
Fortunately, your firmware update process has completed.
Troubleshooting during the extender.linksys.com
Mostly, the users come with a request when she/he may face problems while accessing the Linksys wireless range extender setup page. Therefore, we have discussed some important steps to fix the issues.
- Ensure that, your personal computer or laptop is properly connected to the right Wi-Fi name of your range extender.
- In case, if your device is not connected to the right Wi-Fi name, then click on the SSID option from the available list. Mention the network password and click on the connect or join option.
- Secondly, one can check the status of the indicator light of Linksys extender. To checking down the status, the user need to check product’s user guide to ensure that your range extender is properly connected to a network or not.
- For a while, try to disconnect your extender. After a minute again reconnect it. Now, wait for the LED light of the Linksys extender flashes.
- Moreover, the user needs to check down the computer’s connectivity to the wireless extender by taking a ping test. To take a ping test, the users are required to obtain an IP address.
- Lastly, resetting your extender.linksys.com is the last option left to the users to change the setting into the default factory settings.
Upgrading the Linksys range extender firmware
As same as other extenders, Linksys range extender also has firmware updates that definitely help to fix the issues that the user may face while accessing the device.
The every new firmware updates may bring new enhancement function and advanced features. Before moving to the update process, ensure that:-
- The users have downloaded the latest firmware update for extender.linksys.com from the Linksys support site.
- After downloading the update firmware file, save the downloads file in a safe location where it is easy to locate.
Steps to update the Linksys extender firmware
- Navigate a web browser and enter extender.linksys.com to reach at web based setup page.
- Now, go to the administration tab > firmware upgrade.
- In the next steps, click on the choose file and locate, earlier you saved the file. The downloaded file should be in .bin extension. Finally, click on the open. Button.
- Click on the start upgrade option.
However, the upgrade procedure starts.
Note:- Do not try to interrupt in between the updating procedure.