- Ensure that your computer is properly connected to the Linksys extender.
- Open your updated internet browser, for instance, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, etc. as per your choice.
- Enter the URL http://extender.linksys.com in the address field of your web browser. Tap on the Enter key.
- Thus, the login dashboard appears on the window screen. Provide the necessary default login details for username and password in the respective field. Then, click to the login button.
Note:- you can also provide the default IP address instead of extender.linskys.com.
- Fortunately, after providing the correct login details, you can easily log in to your Linksys extender setup page.
How to reset your Linksys extender password?
Resetting your extender.linksys.com will help the users to restore your extender to its factory default settings. One might face several issues, which forces the users to reset the extender.linksys.com. The general issues are:-
- Intermittent connections while using your Linksys extender.
- When the user fails to setup the extender.linksys.com.
- If your Linksys extender’s LED light is not blinking, even after the power cycle.
Steps to reset your extender.linksys.com
Following are the essential steps to reset the Linksys extender through web interface:-
- Open a desired web browser and get an access over the extender.linsksy.com setup page.
- After accessing the Linksys extender setup page, locate to the factory defaults option and click on it, present under the administration tab.
- Now, locate and select the factory default option from the dashboard.
- At last, unplug your Linksys range extender from the power wall socket and remain leave it for at least 10-15 seconds to complete the resetting procedure.
Thus, you have successfully reset your extender.linksys.com to its factory default settings. Then, after sometimes you can again plug in your Linksys range extender.
How to update the Linksys extender firmware?
As similar to other extender, the extender.linksys.com have also it’s firmware update. Linksys extender firmware update may also resolve some issues.
Essential steps to update the Linksys extender firmware
Therefore, start following the below-mentioned steps to update your extender.linksys.com firmware.
- The first and foremost job is to ensure that your extender.linksys.com has a proper and secured physical connection.
- Now, try to access the Linksys extender’s web based setup page by taking the help of web browser and by enter the http://extender.linksys.com or use the IP address 192.168.1.1. Note:- The default internet protocol address may varies from one model number to another model.
- Mention the login credential in the required field and proceed to the next step.
- After accessing the login page, go to the firmware upgrade option available inside the Administration.
- Check for the firmware updates available. If available then, download the file and click on the next.
- Now, choose the bin file and upload it. Click on the Open button.
- Finally, click on the start upgrade option.
From the above mentioned points, you can easily check and update your available Linksys extender firmware within short time.