Netgear routers are among the most widely used network devices globally; however, sometimes, many users face technical issues when using them. The most frequent issue is that the Netgear router keeps disconnecting.
If you’re also experiencing the same problem, you are in the right place. In this article, we’ll provide you with various solutions to your Netgear Nighthawk router that keeps disconnecting problem. Let’s get started.
Fixed: Netgear Router Keeps Disconnecting
There are two ways to fix the Netgear router keeps disconnecting error. These are:
- Netgear Router firmware update
- Reset Netgear Nighthawk Router Factory
Let’s get started then
Netgear Router firmware update:
Netgear regularly releases firmware updates to their routers. The firmware update for routers is very similar to desktop updates. The most recent firmware version resolves numerous technical errors connected to the router and improves its work efficiency and connectivity.
If your Netgear Nighthawk router is running an older firmware version, you can update it using the steps below:
- Grab an Ethernet cable and make a wired connection between the Netgear Nighthawk router and modem.
- Ensure that it does not have any cuts Ethernet cable you are using.
- Now, turn on your modem and the Netgear router.
- Then, you open the web browser on your computer.
- After that, visit the Netgear router login page.
- Enter username and password into the fields provided.
- After login, head into the advanced section and Pick the Router either Firmware Update option.
- Click the check button
- Until the Netgear router checks for the newest available firmware version. wait till then
- If the new firmware update is now available, click “Yes.
One can update the firmware of Netgear router using these methods. It doesn’t matter which model of Netgear router you are setting up; the process of updating the firmware will remain the same as described above. Check that if your Netgear router keeps disconnecting or not.
Netgear Nighthawk Router Factory Reset:
If yet, your Netgear router keeps disconnecting? Don’t worry! Simply factory reset your router to get the issue fixed quickly. Reset your Netgear Nighthawk router by using two methods. Hard and soft reset.
Reset your Netgear nighthawk router by using the given steps below:
- You can also power up the Netgear router by connecting it to an outlet.
- Look for the Reset button on your nighthawk router. Then, using a paper clip, press the reset button.
- After that, let the router reboot itself.
You need to reconfigure your router after resetting the Netgear router to the default settings.
To soft reset your Netgear router, follow these steps:
- Firstly, turn on your Nighthawk router and use an Ethernet cable to connect your modem.
- Use any browser on your computer and visit the routerlogin.net webpage.
- To soft reset your Netgear router, you could use the Nighthawk app.
- Log into your Netgear router with the admin ID and password. After you log into your account, go head to the advanced section.
- Click on the Factory reset button and stay until the router reboots itself.
With this technique, you can soft reset your Netgear Nighthawk router. Check that the Netgear router keeps disconnecting issue is resolved, or it’s not.