The D-link DIR-842 AC1200 routers come with the best technology and features which provide the high-speed network to all the connected devices. Additionally, it has advanced wireless WPA and WPA2 security to keep your Wi-Fi network secure. Even the D-Link DIR-842 Setup and installation are easy.
Here are the steps to setup D-link AC1200 router:
- In the first step, turn off the modem and unplug it from the power supply.
- Next, take one end of the Ethernet cable and connect it to the modem’s Ethernet port.
- And take the other end of the Ethernet cable and connect with the router’s internet port.
- After this, plugin your dlinkrouter.local DIR-842 and modem to the power source and turn them on.
- In the last step, connect your computer to the LAN port of the D-link AC1200 router using the Ethernet cable.
D-Link Router Login | D-link AC1200 Router Login
After successfully Setup the D-link DIR-842 wireless gigabit router, the next step is to Login to the D-Link DIR-842 Setup router. Let’s see how to log in to the dlinkrouter.local AC1200 router.
- First of all, open any internet browser on your computer or PC.
- You have to visit dlinkrouter.local web address.
- If the web address not works, then use the IP address of your D-link DIR-842.
- Once you enter the IP address then press the Enter Button.
- Now, a dialog box will pop up on your device screen.
- Provide the Username and Password on the dialog box.
- Tap the Login option.
- At last, you logged into your D-Link DIR-842 Setup router.
How to update dlinkrouter.local DIR-842 Wireless Router Firmware?
As we know, the firmware update is an essential part of the router. An updated firmware gives high performance and advanced features to your router. To Firmware update, you need to have an active internet connection and follow the given mentioned steps.
- Download the latest firmware of the D-link DIR-842 router.
- Save the downloaded firmware file to the computer desktop.
- Hereafter, connect your computer device to the dlinkrouter.local DIR-842 router.
- Navigate to the internet browser and type http://dlinkrouter.local in the address bar.
- Hit the Enter button.
- A login window will display and fill in the default login credentials.
- On the Username box type admin and password field blanks.
- Move to the Maintenance tab on the web GUI setup page and then tap on the Firmware option.
- After, choose the firmware update option and hit the browse option to upload the save file.
- Once done, the D-link DIR-842 firmware update process will start and it will take 20 to 30 seconds to complete.
- Don’t unplug your router until the firmware update process will complete.