Are you having trouble with your Orbi router showing Magenta and Purple Light? There is no need to worry! It’s among the most frequent issues that Orbi router users face. However, you can resolve Orbi purple light problem by applying some troubleshooting guidance. This article covers all those troubleshooting steps to fix your orbi purple light issue. Keep reading.
Probable Causes for Orbi Purple Light
Let us know why Orbi is flashing purple :
- There could be an internet issue.
- The orbi router may not sync with the satellite.
- Your Orbi WiFi router may be running diagnostic processes for your system.
- The internet cable and fiber cable is worn or damaged.
- It is possible to see the orbi purple light on the router because of an issue with connectivity to the internet from the ISP’s side.
- A useless WiFi system or router that has been idle for a long time may also cause the orbi to flash purple light.
- Your orbi router is not connected correctly to the RJ45 Ethernet cable.
- You can see an orbi purple light when there is some change in the settings of your orbi router.
- It may be possible that your orbi router firmware is crashed, corrupted, and out of date.
- In addition, viruses and malware could integrate into your Orbi device, which results in the orbi blinking magenta light.
- There may be some virus-infected files in your orbi router. You are downloading firmware via an insecure website.
- Probabilities are that your Orbi router may have some severe defect.
How to Fix Orbi Purple Light issue? 4 ways to fix it:
Let’s take a look at possible solutions to fix the magenta or purple light on the orbi router:
Check your cables and wires:
We tend to forget about the cables and wires that connect the router and satellite. However, the reality is that even a couple of loose connectors can cause issues.
- Verify whether your Ethernet cable is accurately connected.
- Check that all cables are correctly connected and plugged into the correct port.
- Then, check the light of your Orbi. If it’s still purple, try the second process.
Reboot Orbi router :
Rebooting the router eliminates any internal problems that affect the performance of your router. It’s an easy task that you can perform yourself.
- Take the satellite off the power source and switch it off.
- Wait a while and plug back in.
- Please wait till the router boots up.
Wait until it’s over, and then your router should be working correctly. You can go to the next step if the purple light is on.
Restart the whole Orbi network :
If rebooting the satellite or router did not perform, it’s the right time to restart the network. Then shut down the router, modem and satellites.
You have to be patient in this procedure, and it needs to do it in the correct order. We’ll tell you how to do it:
- Firstly, shut off the router, modem, and satellite. Then, it would be best if you disconnected it from the energy source.
- Now, plug the modem in and then switch it on. Wait 2 minutes for it to boot and stabilize.
- Reconnect your Orbi router and satellite with the energy source, and then turn it on.
- Please wait 2 minutes until it boots up and becomes stable.
Now your restart process is completed. After doing this process, the purple light should go away.
Even after this orbi shows purple light, then try the four processes.
Sync the satellite and the router
Syncing the router and satellite solved the problem of orbi purple light. But this process should be done in the correct sequence.
Here’s how to accomplish it:
- Ensure that the satellite is attached to the power source. Then, switch it on.
- Hit the SYNC button on your Orbi router.
- Click the SYNC button on your Orbi router and Orbi satellite, and hold it for 2 minutes.
- To complete the syncing processes wait for 3-10 minutes. Satellites should display an illuminated white light when you sync the device.
After the syncing process has been complete, the colors of your Orbi satellite refer to:
- Blue: Blue light indicates that the syncing process has been successful.
- Amber: the syncing procedure is working, but the connection is not strong.
- Purple: the syncing procedure is not working.
These steps should fix the purple light that appears on the Orbi. If you find that your Orbi router has not stopped flashing purple or magenta LED, don’t forget to contact our experts and let them assist you.