In order to perform your dlinkrouter.local setup and to log in to your D-link Wi-Fi router, practice the below-given steps carefully.
Steps to perform dlinkrouter.local setup
The following steps are:-
- Make a wired or wireless connection to connect the dlinkrouter.local to the available modem. Ensure that to make a wired connection, you are using a Ethernet cable.
- Secondly, try to connect your client device to the preferred network. There are 2 ways, through which you can connect your device. They are:-
- Wired connection For a wired connection, join the Ethernet cord to the Ethernet port together on the computer or laptop. The user can also take a help of any of the Ethernet ports available on dlinkrouter.local.
- Wireless connection To make a wireless connection, you have to click on the given network icon appear on system tray. After that, select the network name which is linked with your dlinkrouter.local. Now, the configuration card will open. Type the password or you can say network key. At last, tap on the “connect” option to connect with the network.
- Now, to configure the D-link router setup, open the web browser as per the need. Enter the default internet protocol address 192.168.1.1 or you can simply type http://dlinkrouter.local in the location bar.
- Further, mentioned the login details i.e. username and password of admin in the corresponding fields and hit the OK button. In the section of password, simple mention the “password” word.
- Choose the preferred settings for you dlinkrouter.local and click to the “Run wizard or next”.
- In the next step, you are prompted to mention the new username as well as password for local wireless network. Click “Next”.
- Lastly, by drop down menu, select the time zone and click next for completing the dlinkrouter.local setup procedure.
Thus, your D-link router setup is completed successfully.
Steps to perform the D-link router login
After the dlinkrouter.local setup, the next task is to log in to your D-link router. Therefore, follow the important steps to complete the dlinkrouter.local login procedure.
- To log in to your D-link router, firstly make sure you are connected to Wi-Fi network.
- Then, open the updated web browser of your choice over your computer or laptop.
- Now, navigate to enter the http://dlinkrouter.local or the default IP address 192.168.1.1 in the location bar. Through, the above URL or the default internet protocol address, you will reach directly to the D-link router login page.
- Once the login page opens, enter the username as admin and provide the default password in the password section.
- Click to the Login button.